Saturday, 8 March 2014

ENGLISH










Hello everyone, this is what I learned in the class of intermediate English II

First we saw the "tag question". We use the tag question for extra information and for be sure about whatever situation.
For example: he is tall, isn't he?
We can use the tag question in many situations: present perfect, simple past, future, etc.
Also we saw the "Simple Past and Past Perfect". Simple Past is used when we want to say an action that occurred in the past. For ex: she danced, and the Past Perfect is used when we want to tell a completed action before something else in the past, for example: she danced before she saw her friend.
Another topic was "modals" Must (for an obligation), Able to (for express ability) may and might (for express possibility)
Saw too "shall" we use it to indicate future action. We use it for:
 Suggestion: shall we go to the beach?
 Promise: she never forget where she came from.
 Predestination: he shall become my husband.
Inevitability: I'm afraid he shall become my couple of work.

Causatives
Have: for give someone responsibility to do something
Get: for convince someone to do something.
Make: for force someone to do something
Let: imply that someone allow doing something.

2 comments:

  1. Hello classmate Sandra , I have a question about your summary : in a part of your summary said that we saw the simple present and in this period we didn't see the simple present , your definition about the simple present is bad and I think that you made a mistake and is the past perfect. I hope that you can check this part and you can fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jasmin, really I had a mistake.

    ReplyDelete